CoolIT Boreas – Initial testing done

CoolIT Boreas – Initial testing done

So far I’m really enjoying my time with the CoolIT Boreas. I set it up last night on a test bed PC running a Core i7 860, 4GB Corsair RAM, an MSI P55-GD65, and a Topower OEM 900W PSU. Overall at idle the unit is reasonably quiet and performs quiet well, but I’ll definitely be making some changes to it. Here I show idle temps with the Core i7 860 running at 3.6GHz using OC Genie. At load though it jumps up to 60C. It’s very important to manage the heat output of your CPU for the Boreas to perform well. Unlike a conventional water cooling system which can actually dissipate more heat as the CPU gets hotter, the Boreas will perform exceptionally well until it is overwhelmed as we’ve seen demonstrated in reviews and end-user testing.

I’ll be making some major changes to this unit including new CPU block, new pump, new (bigger tubing), and we’ll see what it’s capable of.








Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © ARTECH . Designed by OddThemes